welcome center Introductions Out of Character Member's Information Requests & Interest Character's Information Arcade Games Store Small Groups
welcome center Introductions Join our Discord Chat POST AN INTRODUCTION Out of Character Member's Information Requests & Interest Character's Information SITE & RPG TIPS Store Small Groups Calender Search Forum 1x1 requests UPDATES VEGAS SIN RPG
download the discord app

Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL

Updates, New changes.
TDH OWNER
 Posted: Jan 27 2016, 06:07 AM

TDH OWNER

Message ME TDH OWNER
age: Over 18 roleplay preference: PUBLIC-THREADS,CHATROOMS Roleplay Level: PRO Activity: Daily Seeking: None

I have been adding custom BBCoding for easier posting.

Postscript = Adds a neat frame for posting.
CODE
[POSTSCRIPT]WORDS[/POSTSCRIPT]

Right = Insert a picture to the right inside your text.
CODE
[RIGHT]PICTURE URL[/RIGHT]

Left = Insert Picture in text to the Left
CODE
[LEFT]PICTURE URL[/URL]

I will be adding other's but I hope this helps while making posts and threads.
PMEmail
^
Golden Ink
 Posted: Apr 4 2016, 02:54 AM

Golden Ink

Message ME Golden Ink
age: Over 25 roleplay preference: PUBLIC-THREADS,CHATROOMS Roleplay Level: ADVANCED Activity: Daily Seeking: Modern, Horror, Fantasy, Dangerous Romantics.

I have added a newbie guide.

The Newbie’s guide to The Dark Hour

Don’t know where to start huh? Well let’s start at the beginning… I will go over all the things you may need to know on your stay within our roleplay community.

Please ensure that you have read the RULES the rules go over the basic do’s and don’ts of the site. So to reiterate the major repeating rule here no characters under the age of 17 may be played in sexual themed roleplay. No players under the age of 18 are allowed to join our site. There, that was easy.

INTRODUCTIONS
Introductions give you a nice intro into the site, a way for other’s to get to know you and a way to peak interest. You may use any format you like free style, making up your own introduction or use our premade layout. It can be short or long detailed or not up to you. Though it is a requirement we like to make sure all our members have some feedback from staff or members.

Updates
We constantly update the site so for news on that you can find the information on current or past updates HERE. The little or large changes we do our just announce on a new feature we have.

BOARD HOSTED EVENTS
There will be times when host board events these could be fun little games we include everyone in, or little treats we do for fun. We will try to give everyone a fair shot at whatever it is but here is always a good place to check back on when people are interested in something as a community.

GENERAL SOCIALIZING
Open to start new friendly discussions. Things like interests, humor, or random blurps you mind have in your head. No drama please, no talk of anything that may be uncared for. If it aint nice keep it to yourself.

QUESTIONS, IDEAS, AND SUGGESTIONS
For any questions you may have please direct them here. You ideas too, its a brand new RP world huh? Also if you thing we could make this place even better toss your suggestions in.

ROLEPLAYING TIPS
Have words of wisdom to share with others? Post your tips and tricks of the trade. This can include anything that had made roleplay easier for you. I encourage you to look here when you feel like wanting to get some tips or tricks.

WRITERS INFORMATION
Here is a very important place for newbies. The writer’s information is your information about what you’re interest are, and what you don’t like. What type of roleplay you prefer and what kind you just hate. It makes things easier on everyone beforehand to know just how to keep your interest and keep off your shit list. Please consider making one. For examples please see our member’s Writer’s info.

CHARACTER INFORMATION
When creating your characters please come to this section, we ask that you make one thread and be sure to save the link or track the topic. As you will be the one to control your character profile. Creating characters is easy just make a NEW thread and be sure to pick a snazzy name title for yourself. It will become the title you are going to be stuck with until you reach 50 posts.

You can add images, bios, and music to your profiles we ask you don’t stretch the board with overly large images. Though every new character you have can easily be added on by replying to your character page. People can come around and peek into your page for character information. It’s an easier option then housing them in PMs or places you might forget.

You will also find journals for your characters, writing their inner thoughts. We ask that members never cross roleplay. Using information gained from journals is not only bad RP but it can be a little annoying. Though please do make your character journals they are a great outlet on their little minds and fun to read.

Getting to ROLEPLAY!!!
SOLO One.One HERE
Group Games HERE
You will be able to roleplay once you’ve found a partner but fear not you can also have RP starters, OPEN games for someone to drop in on. Course it is always polite to ask before joining an open post via PM. Creating a roleplay post between two players can go in which ever world you deem fits. Solo games are games that only involve two players. We also have Group games something that we love here on our boards. This doesn’t mean you must play with everyone in the group but rather your character is part of the group world. Part of its lore, and plot how large of a part is up to you.

POSTING

We make our posts by adding NEW THREADS. As new members cannot edit titles or Descriptions please make sure they are right before saving.
You may EDIT your own posts, the body, as much as you like. EDITING Descriptions and Topic titles are possible for players with 50+ posts on the board.
DELETING a post will send the post to the trash can… but it is still accessible for staff if you need to have it back. Deletions are only possible for members with 50+ posts.
Should you need edits and are not quite at 50 posts please PM a staff member we are happy to help!

IMAGES

We ask that all images fit to scale, nothing crazy big? Please?
We do not host your images, you must have the direct URL LINK. Don’t know how to find it? Right click your image, and select the option COPY IMAGE ADDRESS this should give you the URL. You may also want to have a host for your images. IMGUR hates Jcink so try photobucket something you can upload and store images.

ADDING IMAGES TO POSTS

We have several ways to slap a picture into your post.
CODE

[IMG] IMAGE URL [/URL]

This is a basic image into the post, you may also align in left, right, or center like so…

CODE

[align=center] [IMG] IMAGE URL [/URL] [/align]

Now you can also float your images, so the text can move around the image you can align it to the right and left like so…
CODE

[LEFT] IMAGE URL [/LEFT]
[RIGHT] IMAGE URL [/RIGHT]

Either of these will make your image sit to the right or left, as the goes around it. It’s actually nice.

SIGNITURES
You can edit your signature at the control panel BBCODES may work but test it out just in case.

DOHTML
For those of you savy with the html coding you may use this to add html codes to your posts. Any codes that cause an issue will be removed though so please keep that in mind.

[code]
Html code
That is all I can offer you right now! But I will update this later as more questions come at me.

PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
Golden Ink
 Posted: Apr 4 2016, 11:47 PM

Golden Ink

Message ME Golden Ink
age: Over 25 roleplay preference: PUBLIC-THREADS,CHATROOMS Roleplay Level: ADVANCED Activity: Daily Seeking: Modern, Horror, Fantasy, Dangerous Romantics.

Tagging players in posts, just add the

@username

Tag players with spaces or characters use brackets.

@The Devils Hex
CODE

@[the devils hex]
PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
Golden Ink
 Posted: Oct 16 2016, 12:38 AM

Golden Ink

Message ME Golden Ink

Hello Members,

Please take a moment to review you're profile pages by clicking onto your usernames. You will see that I have installed a custome profile called ambrosia. You can now be sexy as fuck with you username page.

You will also notice that the avatar's have gotten some love too. Please find your way to MY CONTROLS up top when you are signed in. From there EDIT profile to change out links and information. There may be things listed twice, please fill them both out, since it is new I want to make sure all glitches that come from it be pressed out.

This is not mandatory, but who doesn't want to look good right?

Its pretty straight forward, URL links means the direct link. You links will not show up correct if you add an extra letter in there.

Image links, again follow the rules on what we allow visible. BUT, because the third, fourth, fifth, and sixth images are hidden you may use GIFs. Be tasteful, no spread open NSFW hardcore shit.

Any questions? You can PM me if you need help with certain bits.

user posted image user posted image user posted image
PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
TDH OWNER
 Posted: Jan 19 2017, 10:05 PM

TDH OWNER

Message ME TDH OWNER
age: Over 18 roleplay preference: PUBLIC-THREADS,CHATROOMS Roleplay Level: PRO Activity: Daily Seeking: None

user posted image
When you receive a message from another member you will be notified here.

user posted image
When someone has replied to your thread, or subscribed thread you will be alerted here.

user posted image
You may edit your settings here. Profile, Avatar, and Email settings.

user posted image
Searching up forums by name, key word or date.

user posted image
Link to your profile.

user posted image
Any topic subscriptions you have will be found here. You may also edit them, to remove some etc
user posted image

Sign in/Sign out

Edit your profile, there will be links at the left to navigate.
user posted image

user posted image
How your mini profile will look.

user posted image
How your main profile will look.

user posted image
When you select your main avatar it till appear on the top left corner.
PMEmail
^
Golden Ink
 Posted: Jun 24 2017, 08:39 AM

Golden Ink

Message ME Golden Ink

MP3 links have been restored.

PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
Golden Ink
 Posted: Jul 17 2017, 06:18 PM

Golden Ink

Message ME Golden Ink

Store update.

The IB Store for the site will be online. You must have 10 posts to use the store, and your mini profile and main profile will reflect your points and awards.
PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
Golden Ink
 Posted: Jul 23 2017, 12:54 PM

Golden Ink

Message ME Golden Ink

Attack Dice

So I added a dice feature onto the board, when free form isn't an option this should help determine how strong an attack is. Which should affect the response to it, it will range from attack strengths from weak, moderate, strong, and powerful.

Weak Attacks: Easily blocked, Avoided, or Taken with little damages.

Moderate Attacks: Blockable, Avoidable, but taken with a medium Damage effect.

Strong: Hard to block, Hard to avoid, and would be a damaging effect when and if landed.

Powerful Attack: Unavoidable hit. With a hard Damage.

I think people should use their of discretion of how to block, and take hits as no one likes an all-powerful take no damage type of writer.

-These dice will corrupt if someone edits their original dice move for a favorable outcome.
-Dice are not applicable on mobile mode and some skins.
-Talk it over with the person you are writing a fight scene with, everyone appreciates a heads up.

These are NOT a mandatory thing, and are just an alternate solution for people who may want to use a dice system with a random outcome.
PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Site Rules | Next Newest »

Topic Options
REPLY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL